Monday, November 28, 2016

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered

And of course what would Infinite Warfare be if I didn't get the deluxe edition and obtain the remastering of one of my favorite Call of Duties of all time.

Call of Duty 4.

Nostalgia is what Infinity Ward was going for here. In order to help their new game's sales, they revived what arguably may be the most favored Call of Duty in history. The new game definitely has it's perks, but you can never go wrong with some old fashioned, boots on the ground warfare. We'll judge it on it's Graphics, Gameplay, and Multiplayer.

First off I'm going to talk about how immaculate the graphics are. Remastered is an understatement for how beautiful the graphics look. I played the original game and it has came such a long way since the xbox 360/playstation 3 versions. There's not too much to say about the graphics other than how crisp they are and how beautiful they have made this game.  9.7/10

Gameplay has stayed the same and they did not change anything, which is good, but also slightly sad due to the fact maybe some changes would be appreciated. The only changes that were made were glitches that were actually useful but were patched. This made the remaster slightly upsetting. I was still appreciative it was made. Rating 7.3/10

Lastly, and once again my favorite, the multiplayer. Now, the biggest letdown of this remaster was the fact they did not bring back all of the maps. This heavily hurt my enjoyment with the remaster because it just feels like you are constantly playing the same maps over and over. I wanted to enjoy this remaster a hell of a lot more than I did, but, it let me down a lot more than I was hoping. Multiplayer: 7.4/10

Overall: 8.13/10

No comments:

Post a Comment